What is the Alliance for Natural Health International?
Promoting and protecting our right to sustainable natural health around the world – by working with nature, not against it, using the tools of 'good science' and 'good law'
A world in which all individuals are able to enjoy their fundamental right and freedom to choose natural health as their overriding approach to the management or optimisation of their health and those for whom they care, consistent with the principles of rational science and the just rule of law. There should be no negative or undue interference from governments, particularly when these are in turn influenced by special interests that seek to use the power of government for their own benefit.
How we achieve our mission and vision
We engage in campaigns, activism, research and education across a wide range of fields relating to natural approaches to health and care, including for freedom of choice in healthcare, healthy eating & lifestyles, the interpretation and development of evidence, the effects of technology (e.g., genetic modification, electro-magnetic fields) on health and the environment, and the use of foods, herbal and other natural products in the management of our health and resilience.
We accomplish our mission through a unique application of ‘good science’ and ‘good law’.
We work with a vertical cross-section of interests in and outside the natural health sector, from citizens, to doctors and other practitioners, scientists, lawyers, academics, retailers and manufacturers.
The Alliance for Natural Health (ANH) International is an independent, non-profit founded in 2002 in the UK by Robert Verkerk PhD, an internationally acclaimed expert in agricultural and health sustainability.
The independent, non-profit was established initially to challenge unjust restrictions on access to safe and effective food supplements by European citizens as the result of disproportionate EU laws. ANH successfully took a lawsuit through the High Court in London (2003) with the case being expedited to the Court of Justice of the European Union in Luxembourg in 2004 in order to protect access to natural sources of vitamins and minerals.
ANH-Intl expanded its remit substantially following these cases to include many other aspects of natural health. Today, our work is segmented into seven key areas, namely food, health, lifestyle, sustainability, natural products, informed choice and regulatory.
ANH-Intl’s quest to help more people optimise their health by working with, rather than against nature, means we engage with a broad range of issues relating to health and disease prevention, especially those involving dietary and lifestyle modification. We support the increased adoption of scientifically validated, natural and sustainable approaches to healthcare and disease prevention, taking into account cultural needs and individual requirements. The threat of uncertainty, as well as regulatory and other pressures, including from large food and pharmaceutical lobbies, continues to limit freedom of choice in the field of natural health. At ANH, we strive to protect these freedoms along with individual empowerment and engagement.
Our international office is based in Dorking, UK, while our US base (www.anh-usa.org) operates out of Atlanta, GA. We collaborate with a diverse cross-section of interests, including scientists, lawyers, medical doctors, other health professionals, politicians, companies and, above all, citizens.
Check out our current campaigns.
- Raised public awareness of the significance of legislative threats to personal and corporate freedoms and the long-term sustainability of natural healthcare.
- Published a 'blueprint for health system sustainability' in December 2018 (that applies initially to the UK) that shows how society can transition to a sustainable system for managing human health.
- Made significant amendments to EU legislation that improve freedoms relating to natural health through collaboration with Members of the European Parliament.
- Brought a landmark legal challenge to the EU Food Supplements Directive in the High Court London and the European Court of Justice in Luxembourg (2004-5) to help protect access to natural sources of vitamins and minerals.
- Promoted rational science as the basis on which safety of nutrients should be assessed at a global level through the Codex Alimentarius Commission.
- Deconstructed flawed approaches to risk assessment and management, which are being used by regulators in an attempt to ban higher, beneficial dosages of natural products.
- Demonstrated clear connections in the disproportionate regulatory management of a wide range of issues ranging from food supplementation, genetically modified (GM) foods, water quality (including fluoridation) and vaccination.
- Created a united front of common interests across Europe, North America, Asia and other parts of the world.
Welcome to our website. Please explore it, following your interests. The natural language search field at the top of the homepage may help you find what you're looking for, or you can use the search function at the top right of every page.
We are solely donation funded, so all donations are greatly appreciated.
We look forward to working with you to create a more natural future – in health, naturally.