By Rob Verkerk PhD, founder, executive & scientific director
If there’s one thing we can all agree on it, it’s the fact that covid-19 has become one of the most divisive issues in living memory. It’s not that there haven’t been others; two examples being the invasion of Iraq on the grounds of what turned out to be non-existent weapons of mass destruction, or – right up to the minute – the manner of Biden’s withdrawal from Afghanistan.
But covid-19 has become even more divisive than these and other recent issues for a number of reasons. These include:
- the disease itself or, even more so, the effects of policies relating to the disease, affect so many of us directly. These policies have interfered dramatically with basic human rights that many took for granted, such as freedom of speech, freedom of movement, and a right to a private life
- the policies that have been implemented over the course of the last 18 months seem neither to be the most rational nor do they always appear to be in the public’s best interest, which has led to increasing levels of distrust in governments and authorities responsible for the policies, and
- the fear generated by a paid-up media machine around a new viral disease, that almost certainly was a product of gain-of-function research, has driven a coach and horses through citizens’ ability to make their own healthcare choices, replacing it with a form of authoritarian, societal control that masquerades as public health.
The emergence of multiple co-existing camps
This division has caused the emergence of a plethora of different camps – among them the following 17 comprised of those who consider:
- SARS-CoV-2 and the disease it can cause in some people, namely covid-19, to be one of the greatest public health threats to emerge and hence lockdowns, social isolation and mass injection with experimental vaccines indemnified by governments has been full justifiable *
- The threat posed by the SARS-COV-2 is not sufficient to justify the extreme measures taken that have resulted in unnecessary and serious collateral damage
- SARS-CoV-2 has a natural (zoonotic) origin but the intermediary species has yet to be identified*
- SARS-CoV-2 is a patented virus that was made in a lab through gain-of-function research
- the deliberate or accidental release of SARS-CoV-2 into the human population has provided a unique opportunity to instigate a new system of global governance on our planet (the ‘Great Reset’, as envisioned by the World Economic Forum)*
- the virus SARS-CoV-2 does not exist in the wild as evidenced by the fact it has not been isolated, and it is not the causal agent of covid-19
- the extreme censorship of what is described as medical or scientific misinformation has been necessary to ensure a maximum number of people follow guidance and measures instigated by governments and health authorities*
- the extreme censorship of information that challenges or threatens those that control and profit from the pandemic amounts to a severe limitation of free speech, prevents scientific discourse and the emergence of consensus science, and is designed to protect the status quo
- vaccination is the only intervention that can help us emerge from the current state of pandemic*
- non-‘vaccine’ based interventions, such as addressing vitamin D deficiency, the use of vitamin C, zinc, NAC, quercetin and other nutrients, along with the use of repurposed drugs such as ivermectin or hydroxychloroquine, are central to our adaptation to the virus which will inevitably become endemic
- injection of children with mRNA ‘vaccines’ is necessary to protect those who are most susceptible to serious covid-19 disease*
- there are insufficient data that justify a favourable benefit/risk ratio for the mass injection of children with mRNA ‘vaccines’
- the current crop of so-called vaccines should more properly be referred to as forms of gene therapy
- covid passports are a ‘necessary evil’ that will significantly reduce transmission of the virus between countries and continents and save many lives*
- covid passports are an assault on personal freedoms that will in effect instigate a system of medical apartheid that will destroy businesses, livelihoods and contribute to mental and emotional ill-health
- the era of mRNA technology, the platform used in the Pfizer and Moderna covid-19 ‘vaccines’ has arrived, and represents one of the most important breakthroughs in medicine since the advent of antibiotics*
- mRNA technology represents a slippery slope that will subsequently be used as a mechanism for population control or the generation of partly natural, partly synthetic human beings (transhumans or posthumans).
Note: those ‘camps’ notated with an asterisk are aligned with the ‘mainstream narrative’ as communicated by governments, most national or international health authorities and the mainstream media.
The reason these 17 camps (and there are many more) are able to coexist is because none are easy to kick into the long grass with unassailable evidence. In fact, reliable evidence is especially hard to acquire from public sources. However, they can be subdivided into in-groups and outgroups, the ingroups being the camps that align with the mainstream narrative (i.e. those 8 marked with an asterisk), the outgroups being represented by views that are discredited or censored as misinformation or marginalised as conspiracy theory despite an often compelling amount of substantive evidence.
Our efforts over these last months have revealed there is an ongoing effort by authorities to change the way metrics around covid-19 are reported in the public domain, making it very difficult to draw firm conclusions about the effects of different policies on disease prevention, progression or collateral impacts.
These different camps are from far from fixed, with people often moving from one camp to another depending on where they are on the unfolding timeline, what information they’ve been exposed to, and their current position on their own journeys of understanding of current phenomena. An eminent scientist friend of mine was supportive of the mass covid vaccination program until her grandson passed within 2 weeks of being injected. Her view changed after she saw how adamant the coroners and medics involved were to deny any possible role of the ‘vaccine’, as well as the willingness to dismiss an unexplained sudden death of a previously healthy 35-year-old and dispose of the body before a detailed pathological examination could be conducted. The devastating experience and knowledge gained from that experience changed her view.
The result of living in a world in which so many things don’t make sense to so many people is that a very widespread sense of cognitive dissonance has developed that results from the conflicting attitudes, beliefs or behaviours people feel forced to endure. People in this state are less and less able to make decisions that they feel are the right actions based on rational, objective thought, information or common sense.
They are then liable to feeling trapped and the survival instinct gets drawn into finding a way out. To resolve the dissonance, many resort to just going with the flow, that flow often comprising people who have largely bought into the mainstream narrative, that covid-19 is a massive existential threat and demands extreme, authoritarian-style public health policy.
They may recognise that something appears wrong with the narrative, in part because there is little in the way of robust evidence that the policies are working well for any significant duration.
Equally, they also often feel they have no option but to block out the information that doesn’t resonate with them. They become desperate to move on and regain the lives they feel they’ve lost. It’s the only way they know of to reduce the uncomfortable dissonance that would otherwise exist within them and drive them crazy.
Emerging from dissonance
Ultimately, we will find that bending in the face of coercion or simply following others in the hope that you will be able to live as normal a life as possible is not a long-term solution. That’s being a passive bystander and history tells us that that’s one of several factors that leads to the kind of disruption to healthy societal function that leads to atrocities and crimes against humanity.
Remember how lockdowns were meant to be about preventing health services from being overrun? Or how vaccines issued to 60% of a given country would be sufficient to achieve herd immunity so that citizens’ lives could return to normal? Or when we were told that vaccine passports would never become a thing?
Eighteen months or so on – people are so worn out, they’re becoming more compliant. A very large number of people are willing to become passive, compliant bystanders – in the knowledge that there is extensive government overreach, cronyism, corruption and probably even the commitment of crimes against humanity by those controlling the handling of the pandemic. More and more are willing to accept what’s on offer even if it doesn’t really make sense to them. Anything else would mean aligning with the outgroup and that would make life impossible to bear. These are treacherous conditions and many are simply unaware of what could happen if we don’t rebalance societal function soon.
This is when it’s worth thinking about the conditions that have led human beings in the recent past to commit crimes against humanity, including genocide, such as during the Stalin era, or in Nazi Germany’s Holocaust, or in Rwanda, Cambodia, Darfur, Bosnia and other places.
Learning from previous crimes against humanity
In trying to understand better why humans beings sometimes engage in horrendous acts of cruelty or violence against their fellow species, I was drawn to one of the most eminent researchers in this field. His name is Dr Ervin Staub, now an 83-year-old Professor Emeritus at the University of Massachussets Amherst.
He was himself a Holocaust survivor, growing up in a Jewish family in occupied Germany during WW2. It was a heroic bystander who saved his life as a 6-year-old child, catapulting him into a lifelong study of the drivers of genocide, torture and terrorism. He’s translated the fruits of research to real world settings, including helping the victims of torture in Rwanda and training police in the aftermath of the Rodney King and, more recently, George Floyd killings.
I was particularly drawn to one of Dr Staub’s key works that summarises key conclusions drawn from a number of talks and lectures given by himself and other international experts in the field back in 1981-2. The paper was published in 1985 in the journal Political Psychology and entitled ‘The Psychology of Perpetrators and Bystanders’.
The paper attempts to answer the question of why governments and powerful groups engage in crimes against humanity, in particular trying to understand the conditions that contribute to these atrocious behaviours.
A read the full paper (such as on Sci-Hub, disturbingly, reveals that many of the conditions described by Staub are developing during the current conditions of pandemic.
Among the key prerequisites are:
- Difficult societal (life) conditions that act as sources of aggression and cruelty
- Division of populations into ingroups and outgroups, or into groups of us and them, usually with the devaluation of them
- The use of derogatory labels for the outgroup "to create antagonism and prepare people for action against those so labeled"
- Scapegoating i.e. targeting or blaming identified or imaginary groups, often with no valid evidence, for the bad situation facing society
- Ideology – creating a vision for a future, even if it might seem untenable, that gets people to fight or demonise others, and take risks and overrule pre-existing moral codes to achieve it
- Repression of freedoms
- Discrimination against outgroups
You don’t need me to relate any of the current circumstances we face against the above as the relationships are so obvious. But it will serve us to recognise that despite us being 18 months into the pandemic, we are now in a much more dangerous place than we were given how human beings are increasingly relating to one another.
This stopped being about a virus a long time back.
Finally, Dr Staub draws the reader back to his lifelong passion, that saved his own life. The bystander. When bystanders remain passive or silent – that’s when the atrocities occur – in plain sight, appearing acceptable to the ingroups.
It is only when active, or even heroic, bystanders jump in and interrupt the process that the perpetrators – both direct and indirect – can be held accountable, so stopping the spiral into social disaster.
Let’s understand why some are working so hard to divide us – using the oldest trick in the book, the cover of which reads ‘Instruction Manual for Crimes Against Humanity’.
Let’s turn ourselves into an army of what Staub describes as active or heroic bystanders, and turn this thing around. It’s our best chance for a future of true, not imagined, hope.
Watch the video
Note: You will see an advertising banner beneath our videos that play off the Brighteon platform (when they are not maximised). This advertising helps support the Brighteon platform that doesn't charge subscribers for their content, is committed to free speech, yet is also respectful of copyright-related law. We'd like to clarify that no advertising revenue from Brighteon is received by the Alliance for Natural Health Intl.
>>> If you prefer to read rather than watch please click here for the video transcript
>>> Become a Pathfinder Member of ANH-Intl
>>> Review our repository of covid commentary at covidzone.org
>>> Return to homepage
your voice counts
03 September 2021 at 1:28 am
Thanks Rob for this article. It is interesting at a time when we as health care professionals here in Australia are being gagged that you are calling for us to be heroic bystanders. One approach taken by a psychologist in the Sydney area is to point out our legal obligation with regards mandatory reporting with regards suspected child abuse or family abuse. The continual lockdowns and measures taken to keep people isolated has played havoc with mental health and the division of the people untold heartache. It would appear that the mainstream approach is geared to further widen the divide. Thank you for your work, and the courage to bring us this information and strengthen our resolve.
Melissa Smith https://www.anhinternational.org
03 September 2021 at 7:59 am
We reported in our news alerts this week about the mental health issues being experienced by children in Australia, the UK and the US. It's heartbreaking to see it happening. It must be all the more difficult when you're being gagged to the extent you are. It's good to hear that people are finding different ways around the censorship.
The whole team are following the situation in Australia, and elsewhere, closely and send our very best wishes and support to everyone in Australia.
Thank you for your kind comments. We will continue our work and to speak out.
03 September 2021 at 8:05 am
Rob, your 8 bulleted points in your Article and *comment, below:
*Among the key prerequisites are:
*"You don’t need me to relate any of the current circumstances we face against the above as the relationships are so obvious."
These responses that are so CHILDISH (regressive) behaviours of this WEF & their largely co-opted paid supporters, placed years back into key positions throughout the World. Their Psychology/Propaganda, that is atypical of and showcases Psychopaths' behavioural patterns. Psychopaths' must WIN at all costs (to humanity). That is all "part of the game" to a Psychopath.
Rob, It is encouraging to hear your direct call to The People, to stand up firmly, strongly and proudly, and "be counted" - characteristics' (& others) that are going to be needed for quite sometime to come, to let these very destructive warped personality types KNOW that they are NEVER GOING TO WIN! Sadly, that is what gives these types of people a feeling of being "alive" and spurs them on.
Much vigilance and strength is needed daily by the MAJORITY of the human race, now more than ever!
WE, THE PEOPLE, CAN & SHALL "RESET" this incredible World we have been given, into an even better than ever World, before these sick people started plotting and implementing/manipulating/controlling and FORCING THEIR nefarious ways upon the natural world and the human race.
03 September 2021 at 8:28 am
Rob, you 'imply' that Gain of Function is the most likely source of Sars Cov-2. The linked paper in Science this week, sets out a better analysis and review of current understanding. Whilst GOF is an area of virology beyond the majority of peoples comprehension, your soft assertion is too soon in its level of confidence to be assigned a valid explanation mantle. https://www.science.org/content/article/why-many-scientists-say-unlikely-sars-cov-2-originated-lab-leak
Diksha Chakravarti www.fixme.org.uk
03 September 2021 at 8:41 am
Dear Rob and Melissa - as a health care practitioner I have towed the line for fear of losing business BUT I will absolutely not take the vaccine. So if my client wants me to wear a mask I do, but I tell all of them, I am happy with them not wearing one. Some of my clients have stopped coming because I haven't taken the vaccine - so be it. Some of my good friends no longer want to see me for the same reason - so be it. I find myself conflicted with 1 question: how bad is the Covid virus? To deny its existence is too big a leap for me - I don't have the time to research this thoroughly so have decided to accept it exists and therefore I feel it is undeniable there have been deaths associated with it (agreed?). But just how contagious is this virus?
Thank you for all you are doing to keep us informed.
03 September 2021 at 1:28 pm
The researchers also calculated Delta’s ‘basic reproduction number’, or R0, which is the average number of people to whom every infected person will spread the virus in a susceptible population. They estimated that Delta has an R0 of 6.4, which is much higher than the R0 of 2–4 estimated for the original version of SARS-CoV-2, says Marm Kilpatrick, an infectious-disease researcher at the University of California, Santa Cruz. “Delta moves a bit faster, but is much more transmissible.” https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-021-02259-2
How Dangerous Is the Delta Variant (B.1.617.2)? https://asm.org/Articles/2021/July/How-Dangerous-is-the-Delta-Variant-B-1-617-2
17 September 2021 at 2:37 pm
It's suicide basically, all this talk about this "variant" or that. How do they identify it or better still predict when and how they will mutate. Is that due to it's insilico nature perhaps? After all, the smart people already know the the PCR test is how they produce any number of positive tests from healthy individuals. We also know for example that asymptomatic spread is science fiction because no one has a purified sample of the "virus" from a symptomatic patient. How prey tell can ANY test be formulated without the virus. Maybe that's the reason none of the syringes contain a vaccine. So any so called expert that opines on the existence or variants of a pathogen that the CDC stated "there is no quantifiable sample of " is either a shill producing fear porn for the event 201 crowd or a "stakeholder". Doesn't matter bc the hang mans noose is one size fits all.
Your voice counts
We welcome your comments and are very interested in your point of view, but we ask that you keep them relevant to the article, that they be civil and without commercial links. All comments are moderated prior to being published. We reserve the right to edit or not publish comments that we consider abusive or offensive.
There is extra content here from a third party provider. You will be unable to see this content unless you agree to allow Content Cookies. Cookie Preferences